If you’re a lawyer, then most likely you’ve faced a situation where your friends or family members asked for advice. Or maybe you need advice and want to ask someone else. In either case, we’re here to help.
What It’s All About
We try to provide information that can potentially make a lawyer’s life easier. This section includes:
- Legal lifehacks
- Work/life balance tips
- Networking tips
- Non-legal tips to become a successful lawyer
Being a certified lawyer and having a practice is no longer enough to advance your career. You also need to stay on top of industry trends, communicate with other professionals, know how to get the job done faster, and how to deal with stress. Things that may not seem connected to your job, such as your personal life, hobbies, or some secret MS Word function, may actually affect your professional life. Hopefully, it’ll be for the better.
While some legal ops tasks move your business forward, others prevent lawyers from succeeding. In our checklist, we gathered the most unproductive habits, tasks, and processes, that need to be made history for digital teams.
Starting a new position can be both exciting and overwhelming. Our guide will equip you with everything you need to build and manage an efficient legal department.
- Narrow down your jurisdiction
- Use both primary and secondary sources
- Use a helpful case to find others like it
- Consider data but don’t obsess about it
- Ask for help
- Select and form a business entity
- Protect your intellectual property
- Protect the personal data of your customers and employees
- Formalize business arrangements with co-owners
- Use written contracts
- Digitize your legal department
- Choose the right business structure
- Get insurance
- Put all agreements within employees, contractors, vendors, and customers into contracts
- Understand laws
- Embrace technology (i.e. AXDRAFT CLM)